Another Saturday decimated by the deluge of rain! However a few games survived.

SIL ROUND UP -David Meeson
Two fixtures survived the wet weather in the Senior Division with both having an impact on the top of the table.
Leaders Henley are now three points clear after a 2-0 win at Ransomes. First half strikes from Mark Storey and Gavin Van Oene were enough to take the points
Trimley Red Devils moved up to second following an emphatic 7-1 home success over Old Newton. Both Lewis Wolton, who notched a brace, and Callum Woolnough scored their first goals for the club having come off the bench. Ross Driver, Ryan Chidlow, Dom Arnold and Josh Knights netted the Red Devils’ other goals as they move up to second.
In Division One Somersham reduced the gap between them and league leaders Thurston to 10 points after a 6-1 success over AFC Kesgrave. The only other Division One game saw Cockield win 2-1 at Stanton. Tom Francis and Charlie French were on the mark for the visitors.
There were also only two games possible in Division Two. Ipswich Wanderers Development had a 6-0 win at Stonham Aspal while Claydon Reserves and Elmswell played out a goalless draw.
Evan Connick and Kavernagh Warner scored for Ransomes Sports Reserves as they picked up their first points of the campaign by defeating Framlingham A 2-1. in Division Three.
Joe Murphy netted twice for Saxmundham Sports Reserves in a 5-1 victory over Stowupland Falcons A in Division Six. Somersham went top of the same Division following their 5-0 away win at Kesgrave Kestrels A.
Meanwhile Ipswich Vale Exiles won 6-0 at Coplestonians A in the Third Round of the Suffolk Primary Cup.

Ransomes Sports 0 Henley Athletic 2–Paul Deacon
Ransomes Sports pattern of uneven displays and results continued with a disjointed showing against league leaders Henley Athletic at the weekend. As a squad, Ransomes are not consistent enough (understandable given the circumstances) but they will undoubtedly work as a squad to improve that – they have the ability.
They need to be ready for games from the start. You can’t be in the Senior Division and not play at your highest level otherwise you’ll get beaten. That is exactly what happened in the opening exchanges, and against a good team like Henley, you just make life easy for them.
There was jubilation for the visitors as early as the 5th minute after they had made a blistering start to this game. An aerial goal from a left wing corner saw Storey’s header beat Charlie Langham and Henley were en route to another victory. It looked like being the first of many Henley goals in a first half of total dominance.
Worse was to follow for the home side as Henley increased their lead on 22 minutes. Conceding a free kick just outside the penalty area provide Van Oene the opportunity and he did not disappoint with his strike over the wall, comprehensively beating Charlie Langham with pace, power and accuracy.
There were further opportunities – and plenty of them – during the first half where Henley’s attractive football should have paid extra dividend but they didn’t turn that dominance into something more tangible.
The visitors slick interplay and rapid progression up the pitch rendered Ransomes’ attacking players obsolete for large swathes, and there was no momentary breather when they did get into opposition territory before weathering the next inevitable wave.
Ransomes were up against it during that first half but after the break, they gained a bit of confidence once they got some passes together. The insipid sleepwalkers of that opening 45 minutes had finally awoken from their slumbers.
The introduction of Ben Gutteridge at half time, quickly followed by Jake Hughes suddenly made Ransomes more energetic and upwardly mobile.
The second half was to become a more even contest. There were moments during this period which offered an apt picture of how Ransomes had turned their season round, yet nothing much changed to alter the score-line. Ransomes continued to struggle to engineer or create that opening to seriously trouble Spurling in the visitor’s goal – you can’t lose your most offensive players from the team and not feel it – and their lies the conundrum to solve.
Henley did not perform again at full tilt after the break, but they did provide some late scares for the home side as they launched a late assault, but Charlie Langham saved a full blooded drive expertly to deny Henley a third.
It was an ominous end to the game wherby Henley had choreographed another compelling victory in their pursuit of a third successive title win. Despite an improved second half showing from Ransomes, they were still held at arms length by the visitors who never remotely looked like they would surrender the advantage.

Below some pictures from Saxmundham Res 5 Stowupland ‘A’ 1–Daryl Butcher