Henley took a step closer to retaining their Senior Division title with a 1-0 win at Leiston St Margarets. Logan Bell got the only goal of the game early in the second half.
Coplestonians move up to second following a 4-3 success at Wickham Market helped by a hat-trick from Darren Mills.
Trimley Red Devils returned to form by beating East Bergholt 5-1 at Gandish Road. Josh Knight and Dan Stagg both scored twice for Trimley in addition to a goal from Ross Driver. Kyle Jay replied for Bergholt.
Stowupland beat visitors Halesworth 2-1 with Kaiden Goldspink netting for Halesworth. Ricky Coleman was on the mark for Tattingstone in their 1-1 draw at Sporting 87 while Tom Stephens-Fouracre and Ashley Rankin scored for Debenham who beat Old Newton 2-1.
Runaway Division One leaders Thurston had no game but the second promotion spot is still up for grabs. Bacton remain in second benefitting from nearest challengers Somersham and AFC Kesgrave failing to win. Somersham went down 3-1 at home to Capel Plough while Kesgrave were held to a 1-1 draw by Cockfield.
It was a good day for Stanton who leapfrogged Achilles at the bottom of the table by beating them 3-1 while Grundisburgh and Woolverstone played out a 1-1 draw.
It is all change at the top of Division Two where Kirton went top following their 6-1 win over Elmswell. Wenhaston moved up to second as two goals each from Owen Wilkinson and George Caplin helped them beat previous leaders Sporting 87 Reserves 5-1.
Kesgrave Kestrels were held to a goalless draw by Ipswich Wanderers Under 23s while Stonham Aspal continue to improve as they beat Great Blakenham 4-2.
However, these are difficult times for Bardwell who conceded their second game in succession as Ipswich Athletic had a walk over.

SIL Senior Division: Leiston St Margaret’s FC 0-1 Henley Athletic FC
Once again, changes were forced on Henley, but they battled hard to secure a 0-1 victory against a much-improved Saints, who were clearly eager to atone for their recent drubbing at the Community Centre.
Storey and Shore were joined on the injury list by Cowan, Watling was unavailable and travel issues meant that Tejano was only available from the bench. So it was an unusual looking Henley formation that took the field, but it did give young striker Hillyard his first start.
Henley had the better of the early chances, but Saints dug in well and defended bravely, whilst still posing a threat going forward. Hillyard came close a couple of times, firing narrowly over the bar, but the first real chance came after 30 minutes when Field’s header hit the bar, Hillyard looked to stroke home the rebound, but was denied by a terrific point blank save from Clouting. Shortly after Henley’s injury woes were exacerbated as White was forced to leave the field of play with a nasty head injury after an accidental clash. He was taken to hospital where he required stitches in his forehead, I’m pleased to report that he’s on the mend. On the stroke of half-time a wicked corner from Ablitt was pushed onto the bar by Clouting. But the score remained 0-0 at HT.
Henley pushed hard from the restart and were rewarded after 50 minutes when Bell headed home at the back post from a Bruce corner to make it 0-1. Henley continued to have the majority of the possession, but Saints always posed a threat, with Spurling called into action to make a fine save after 65 minutes to maintain the Henley lead.
Hillyard was denied again with a low save from Clouting, who also managed to tip over efforts from Field, Ablitt and Van Oene, as Henley held onto their lead to take home the points.
An amazing contrast to the game three weeks ago where we beat Saints 7-0, clearly stung by that result, their commitment, organisation and sheer will, was a credit to their manager and club in this game.
With so many changes, Henley found it hard to find their flow, but Hillyard looked a threat throughout on his first start, Field is finding his way back to his best and MOTM Ablitt was unplayable at times. Defensively, once again Smythe is rolling back the years beside Bell, with White having a great game before having to go off.
Hopefully the two week break before our next match, will give some time for recovery and reduce our injury list.

Battling performance by the lads but no Easter joy!
Henley Reserves 3 Cops Development 0
(Cops are sponsored by AMH Flooring)
The young cops side were up against it today after 2 late drop outs in the squad away to Henley Reserves. They found themselves down by two in a short time early in the first half. But they regrouped and found their way back into the game. Although the home side had a lot of the ball Cops created a couple of good chances later in the first half.
The second half went a very similar way with the home side having a lot of the ball but finding the Cops stubborn in defence. Again chances came and went for Cops but it was the home side that struck late to make the final score 3-0. A tough day but a lot to take from this game into the next.

Josh notches against his old Club as Mills bags a treble!
Wickham Market 3 Coplestonians 4
(Cops are sponsored by Venue 16 and BP Electrical)
Cops moved up to third in the table as they overcame the Market men in a difficult encounter on a less than perfect surface.
The home side started well and competed well in the first half as young debutant keeper Freddie Milton (sponsored by Shener’s Kebabs) got down well to make two good saves. Cops took the lead on 29 minutes when Jordan Godbold (sponsored by Rushmere Golf Club) was adjudged to have been fouled by the keeper and Darren Mills (sponsored by Scoop) stepped up to score from the spot. A great move by Cops saw Luke Read find Josh Howe (sponsored by Shener’s Kebabs) who finished smartly to score against his old Club.
However, Cops switched off and Cops old boy, Yani Duka, reduced the arrears. Cops then restored their two goal advantage when they were awarded another penalty, this time for a hand ball in the area. Once again, Darren Mills stepped up to fire home from the spot.
HT 1-3
After the break Cops finally took control of the game and a string of chances should have seen them run out comfortable winners. However, poor finishing and good keeping kept the home side interested. Darren Mills did extend the lead when he clipped the ball over the keeper to make it 4-1 to Cops. However, the same player missed several further chances as fellow striker Godbold also saw a goal bound effort blocked. Jonny Linard came off the bench and saw two shots saved as Cops failed to hammer home their superiority. They nearly paid for their profligacy as the home side scored two late goals but they deservedly ran out 4-3 winners. FT 3-4