Harry French 14 mins
Andrew Wood 50 mins
Max Skinner 6 mins
Craig Simpson 62 & 64 mins.
REFEREE: Gareth Moir
Haughley progress to a Quarter-Final home tie against holders Henley as the inspired introduction of the their experienced striker Craig Simpson just after the hour turned the game.
Max Skinner opened the scoring for the visitors early on with an angled drive after a raking pass from Niall McPhillips. However, Harry French levelled on 14 minutes as he volleyed a bouncing ball into the roof of the net.
After a quiet period Skinner set-up Alex Breadman but his pile driver was superbly turned over the bar by home keeper Dan Stobbart on the half hour.
Andrew Wood then got through down the inside-left channel only to see his effort cleared off the line by Kurt Warren.
Haughley went down to 10 men after McPhillips was sin-binned as he limped off unhappy with a late tackle.
Wood sent a header wide and French had another effort which was blocked by Barry Lynn in the visitors goal.

All eight Third Round ties took place on Saturday with Somersham from Division One joining seven Senior sides in the Quarter-Finals.
Holders Henley progressed as goals from Gavin Van Oene and Stephen Cole took them through against a competitive Kirton from Division Two.
A 79th minutes strike from Curtis Harvey , which was his 16th goal of the season, was enough to take Trimley Red Devils through in a tight encounter against Coplestonians. Darren Mills was sent off for Cops late on after receiving a second yellow.
Tattingstone came from behind to see off Wickham Market 4-2. Lesal Thompson netted a brace for Tatt with their other goals coming from Jaydyn Huggins and Jordan Flewitt.
Debenham had a 6-2 win over Division One side Grundisburgh while Stowupland also progressed against Junior opponents with a 2-1 success over AFC Kesgrave. It was a similar story at Thurston where Haughley defeated the home side 3-2.
East Bergholt also went through as they defeated Old Newton 2-0 while Somersham progressed follow their 6-1 win over Elmswell.
In the draw for the Quarter-Finals Haughley host Henley, East Bergholt play Trimley Red Devils, Tattingstone take on Stowupland and Somersham face Debenham.
There was one game in the Senior Division as two goals from Pat Doyle helped Leiston St Margarets beat visitors Claydon to take them up to sixth.
In Division One goals from Luke Keeble, Kevin Barker, Alex Rice and Rory Christian helped Bacton to a 4-0 win at Saxmundham as they moved to within six points of Thurston at the top.
Capel Plough lifted themselves off the bottom of the table after beating Cockfield 2-1. In the other Division One game Stanton drew 1-1 with Achilles.
Sporting 87 Reserves lead Division Two after defeating Bardwell 2-0. Wenhaston are up to third following a 3-0 win at Claydon Reserves. Kesgrave Kestrels beat Coplestonians Resevers 5-0 while Ipswich Athletic defeated Stonham Aspal 2-1. Also in Division Two Ipswich Wanderers Development beat Great Blakenham 3-2.
Finally some sad news reached us this morning with the passing of Maurice Scrivener. Maurice was a legendary referee in the SIL in his latter years, a great communicator and someone always had time others. He will be missed by everyone in local football that had the pleasure to know him.

Thurston restored their advantage shortly after the break with Wood expertly controlling French’s cross before firing home.
Haughley were finding it difficult to get back into the game until Craig Simpson was introduced and he immediately flicked home a corner to equalise with his first touch.
Dan Price then squared for the experienced striker to net his second with a clinical finish two minutes later.
Alex Simpson could have added a fourth only to drag his effort wide.
Thurston pushed to take the tie to penalties in the latter stages with Brandon Salisbury failing to connect with a Wood knockdown before Salisbury brought a save from Lynn near the end as Haughley held on.

Morrison Freight Cup defeat on the road ends fine run
Trimley Red Devils FC 1 Coplestonians FC 0
(Cops are sponsored by Venue 16 and BP Electrical)
In a game of few chances the home side took their only chance on goal in the 79th minute to put paid to Cops ambitions in the League Cup competition.
Cops entered this game on a 7 game unbeaten run but again had to make several changes with key midfield men Woollard and Read both missing as well as striker Jordan Godbold. However, early play saw Cops on the front foot and Darren Mills volleyed wide when well placed. The same player then saw his goal bound shot blocked as Cops looked for the opener. Roan Tucker handled well as Trimley countered before Jonny Linard fired a free kick just over the bar. The home side also fired over the bar before the break in a half where Cops looked the better side but couldn’t create enough chances for their front men. HT 0-0
After the break it was a very scrappy affair with both sides squandering possession and no real clear cut chances as defences dominated proceedings. Trimley came more into the game, breaking well but being denied by Tucker’s fine handling. After a good break the home side saw a shot volleyed wide whilst Josh Howe cleared the bar for Cops before being ruled offside. Linard then had a shot blocked as Cops pressed but they were to be undone on the break. Substitute Nathan Baker worked a good move on the right and his low cross was slotted home by Curtis Harvey on 79 minutes past the diving Tucker. The Cops keeper kept them in the game as he saved a one on one but they were hampered when Mills was given a second yellow card for an early bath.
Linard nearly gave Cops a lifeline when his fine run and shot was well saved by the keeper.That was the last real chance for Cops as their good run came to an end.
MOTM: Grant Monaghan (sponsored by Tribe Events)

Ten man Cops fail to hold out in a battling performance.
SIL Division Four
Coplestonians Development 3 Hope Church 4
(Cops are sponsored by AMH Flooring)
Hope started the match quickly and showed great determination to get at the home team, taking a two goal lead scoring with a finish from twelve yards following a good move and a well struck free kick.
Cops pulled a goal back from the kick off, a long throw by Darcy Pleace palmed into his own net by the goalkeeper. Minutes later Darryl Fry was brought down by the left back following a determined run into the box and Darcy Pleace (sponsored by Westwood Caravan Park) thumped home the resultant penalty. Five minutes later Cops were ahead when Dave White headed home from a corner. A topsy-turvy first half ended with Hope equalising with an excellent finish from the edge of the box. HT 3-3
The second half started much the same, but the turning point was the sending off of Kye Magil. Cops played with 10 men for 35 minutes coming close on occasion. Hope scored the winner with a header from a corner. The shape and press of the ten men was excellent and kept Hope pinned down for much of the second half. FT 3-4

Morrison Freight Cup: Henley Athletic FC 2-0 Kirton Athletic FC
A crowd of 67 saw Henley battle their way past a competitive and committed Kirton to reach the quarter finals. Despite dominating possession and restricting Kirton to minimal chances, the visitors were in the match right up until the 90th minute.
Kirton’s enthusiasm for this match was obvious from the first whistle, but it was Henley who were in control from early on, taking a 1-0 lead with a fine free kick from Van Oene, beautifully placed into the bottom corner after 18 minutes. Henley continued on the front foot, but were held by a well organised Kirton defence, who threw themselves in the way of anything. Van Oene came close again on 40 minutes, another freekick beating the keeper, but this time coming back off the crossbar to safety. Kirton had their best chances of the game just before the break, with a goalmouth scramble cleared by Tejano and a header from the subsequent corner flashing narrowly wide. The score remaining 1-0 at HT.
Kirton started the second half brightly, clearly pumped up after a half time team talk, but the Henley defence held firm and dealt with every attack. Henley continued to have the majority of possession and on 61 minutes Kirton keeper Stewart dived to his right to tip round a cheeky effort from Van Oene. Kirton’s day got a lot harder after 70 minutes, their number 11 seeing a straight red for a silly stamp, reducing them to 10. Things looked even worse after 74 minutes, Ablitt felled in the box and the referee pointing to the spot, but once again Stewart was the visitor’s hero, guessing right and diving to save Bruce’s penalty.
To their credit, Kirton kept pushing, looking for a way back into the game, but in doing so left spaces at the back. Van Oene took advantage, but his low drive came back off the foot of the post in the 88thminute. Henley finally put the game to bed in the 90th minute, a clever ball from Bruce finding Cole who made no mistake with a superb finish from the edge of the area, the absolute definition of “Top Bins” to make the final score 2-0.
Kirton are worthy of plenty of praise, well organised, committed and combative, they played football in the right manner throughout, their keeper Stewart had an exceptional game and handled well all match. All at Henley wish Kirton well in their quest for promotion, they’ll certainly be a credit to Division One.
A depleted Henley weren’t at their best today, but their organisation and passing game saw them through, with the midfield firmly in control Van Oene and Tejano both had terrific games, but it was Cowan who pipped them to win the Ultra’s vote for MOTM.