The SIL fixtures were decimated by this week’s cold snap with only a handful managing to beat the weather.
The only game which took place in the Senior Division was at Sidegate Avenue where Coplestonians continued their recent good form with a 4-0 win over Ransomes.
Ronaldo Wright gave Cops the lead midway through the half, converting at the second attempt, before Nathan Woollard increased the advantage from a narrow angle before the break.
The lively Darren Mills crashed home a third on 77 minutes and then two Cops substituted combined as Connor MacKay set up new signing Ryan Jacobs to complete the scoring.
The weather wiped out all fixtures in Division One though two games survived in Division Two.
Kirton Athletic went top with a 4-0 win at previous leaders Coplestonians Reserves while Elmswell had a 1-0 home win over Bardwell to move up to fourth courtesy of a late goal from substitute Tom Morgan.
In Division Four Sporting 87 “A” had a 3-1 win at Kesgrave Kestrels Reserves. There was also a game which survived in Division Five as Kirton Reserves drew 1-1 with Achilles Reserves.
Two fixtures took place in the Quarter-Finals of the Reserves Cup. Henley Reserves defeated Saxmundam Reseves 7-0 to progress to the last four. Steve Morris and Ben Griggs both notched braces for the Hens with the other goals coming from Louis Mott, Curtis Walker and Ryley Weaver. In the other Reserves tie Debenham won 3-0 at Trimley Red Devils.

Ransomes Sports 0 Coplestonians 4
They say revenge is a dish best served cold and as the thermometer plunged, this return match with Coplestonians began with much promise for Ransomes with a positive outcome a distict possibility. Come the final whistle however, it was Coplestonians who wore the look of a team revelling in the restorative warmth of a long awaited summer sun courtesy of a 4-0 victory.
The opening quarter of this game was fiery, it was fractious, and it was an irritable passage for the visitors as Ransomes sought an opener. The hope for Ransomes, knowing this was billed (by some) as mission (virtually) impossible, was to strike early and see where their afternoon might go. When a free kick was pinged in from the left, Ransomes went close via a Neil Calver header that failed to summon the needed direction when he was well placed.
Coplestonians riposte was fitful. Charlie Langham made a comfortable save from Godbold and Mills blazed the ball over in a moment as out-of-sync as the visitors performance. Then it happened, the type of key moment that encourages your opponent. Everything had been going reasonably well for Ransomes until 23 minutes when they were ambushed by Wright. He collected a quickly taken free kick and beat Charlie Langham at the second attempt after the keeper had saved his initial effort. Coplestonians had caught their hosts not cold but in a deep freeze.
That goal changed the complexion of the game – Ransomes were rocked. Coplestonians now played on the front foot, moving the ball nicely, hinting at further problems still to come for Ransomes which duly arrived on 37 minutes with Woollard firing home after Charlie Langham’s initial save.
Coplestonians were buoyant and further reward looked on, and the question was simple – what did Ransomes have by way of a response?
Ransomes re-emerged after the break predictably geed up but without any real sense of the devil. They played their part in keeping things tense and Drew Connick offered hope thatthey could potentially claw themselves back into the game. In the end, two decent half chances in those opening nine second half minutes were not taken, and an all-too-brief bright start to the half faded rapidly to gloom as Ransomes were too blunt to recover.
As the game settled into a low tempo lilt Coplestonians gathered themselves and their purple patch, late in the game, was a reflection of their overall approach to the game.
It was game up on 78 minutes when Mills extinguished any final thoughts of a Ransomes comeback with a sensational goal. At the blink of an eye, a long clearance turned defence into attack as the ball reached Mills just inside the Ransomes half and he fired home an audacious effort from 40 yards, over the advanced Charlie Langham. Coplestonians at last had Ransomes under control and there was little for them to worry about – no second half revival this week. Cops now set about asking further questions, making Ransomes squirm at times with their quick counters – Coplestonians were now enjoying themselves.
Ransomes were close to disarray at this stage of the game, any type of attacking patterns a distant memory. This allowed Cops to add a fourth on 97 minutes and once again a quick counter attack was their outlet. Ransomes suddenly found themselves outnumbered at the back and the unmarked Jacobs was presented with an easy chance that he took with confidence as Cops put the gloss on an energetic performance.
If anything typified those last two goals and a difficult afternoon for Ransomes (one that began with such promise) it was how Cops pile forward on the counterattack. Ransomes lacked that ability in key moments whilst Coplestonians have a clutch of players capable of delivering when needed. Ransomes were too open, too reactive and too slow to pressure the player in possession allowing Coplestions to enjoy a comfortable win. They may be in patchy form, but the mood is always good. When you are not winning however, there is disappointment, frustration, but the togetherness is always there.
Ransomes know they are not in the position they want to be in, so they have to build up and work on the process and the results.The next game is the most important.

Fine strike by Mills put paid to the contest.
Ransomes Sports 0 Coplestonians 4
Ransomes were one of a very few Clubs in the area to host a game this afternoon due to the cold weather. In fact this was the only SIL Senior game to go ahead today and credit to the home Club for their efforts.
Cops were missing leading scorer Jonny Linard as well as Jimmy Fulker and Brad Sayer. In came Darren Mills up front and new signing Josh Howe made his debut in midfield. Ransomes brought in their former prolific marksman Drew Connick up front and Neil Calver at the back.
There wasn’t much between the sides in the early stages although Jordan Godbold fired in a shot that was well saved by Charlie Langham. At the other end Roan Tucker got up well to handle a cross and felt the full force of the cold hard surface when he landed!
Baden Holmes looked well suited to the conditions and he instigated several good forward runs for Cops. On 24 minutes Cops took the lead through Ronaldo Wright (sponsored by Ian Matthews). The Cops striker saw his shot saved by Langham but followed up to fire home the opener.
The home side responded but found Tucker in fine form as he handled well in the visitors goal. From a corner, Calver headed wide when well placed but Ransomes rarely troubled Monaghan or Lewis Owen who both had superb games at the back for Cops.
On 37 minutes Cops extended their lead. Godbold saw his shot saved by Langham but followed up and slid the ball through to Nathan Woollard who shot home from a narrow angle to make it 0-2. HT 0-2
After the break, Ransomes needed to reduce the arrears and they looked more likely to score in the early stages. However, they squandered what chances they had and Cops always looked like extending their lead on the break. Connick had a couple of decent openings but shot straight at Tucker who comfortably gathered his shots. Ransomes also fired over wildly when well placed and after this, few chances fell their way.
Darren Mills had proved to be a thorn in the home side for much of the game with some intelligent running and good hold up play. On 77 minutes Cops extended their lead when Darren Mills latched onto a ball some 40 yards from goal and fired home an unstoppable shot past Langham.
Cops introduced Connor MacKay, Ben Manuel and new signing Ryan Jacobs. McKay ran clear on the right to cross for Ryan Jacobs to score on his debut and make it 4-0 on 90 minutes. FT 0-4
MOTM: Darren Mills