Senior Division leaders Henley remain three points ahead of nearest rivals Trimley Red Devils after both sides picked up maximum points on Saturday. Henley still have two games in hand.
Goals from Gavin Van Oene and Stephen Cole helped Henley to a 2-0 win at Tattingstone though they were grateful for some fine goalkeeping from Jack Spurling to see the game out. Trimley came from a goal down to beat visitors Stowupland 2-1. Ryan Childlow and Curtis Harvey were on target for the home side.
Coplestonians continued their good recent form with a 2-1 succes over Halesworth while Haughley leapfrogged Wickham Market near the foot of the table by beating them 4-2.
East Bergholt justified the expense of moving their home game away from rain-sodden Gandish Road to Gainsborough by beating Old Newton 3-0. Kyle Jay, Darryl Alexander and Aaron Greenwood were their goalscorers.
Fabio Oliveira netted a brace for Ransomes as they beat bottom side Claydon 3-1. Brandon Archer notched Ransomes other goal with Curtis Bosanquet pulling a goal back for Claydon.
In the other Senior Division fixture Leiston St Margarets and Debenham played out a goalless draw.
The only game which took place in Division One saw AFC Kesgrave move level on points with second-placed Somershan after beating Cockfield 1-0.
The standout game in Division Two ended all square as Kesgrave Kestrels drew 1-1 with leaders Sporting 87 Reserves. Ryan Millbourne scored for Kestrels who move up to second while Sporting’s goalscorer was Finlay Leighton.
Great Blakenham returned to action after a four week hiatus with a 10-1 win over Bardwell. James Claridge and Shane Fricker both scored twice for the hosts.
Kirton had a 5-0 win over Stonham Aspal while Elmswell secured three points before a ball was kicked as opponents Ipswich Athletic failed to raise a side.

Jordan Godbold 45 mins (pen)
Ronaldo Wright 80 mins
Kaiden Goldspink 79 mins
REFEREE: Tony Coulter
Cops made it five wins from the last six in all competitions as they moved up to fifth place with this hard-fought three points.
Halesworth started the better with Kaiden Goldspink having a couple of early efforts. However, Cops began to get a foothold in the game and Luke Read had a shot blocked before Nathan Woollard curled an effort just the wrong side of a post.
Things were quickly getting fractious with referee Coulter clamping down by issuing for yellow cards in the opening 20 minutes.
Read then drove across the keeper though the visitors were still dangerous as Goldspink head over a cross from Shane Hambling.
Ronaldo Wright also headed just over from a Jordan Godbold cross and new signing Darren Mills tested Tom Wickham in the Halesworth goal before Mills’ header, just on half-time, was only partially saved by the visiting keeper and Hambling punched the ball off the goal line before being duly sent off. Godbold stroked home the resultant spot-kick.
The second period started quietly until the 10 man visitors went close with top scorer Pat Summerfield shooting just wide.
Brad Sayer and Wright drove over for Cops and then Sam Newson sent Goldspink through but he missed the target.
Halesworth did equalise in the 79th minute through Goldspink who headed home a cross from the impressive Ollie Allen for his 14th goal of the campaign, after a fine four-man move.
However, Cops restored their advantage almost immediately as the tireless Mills sent in a volley which Wickham could only push out into the path of Wright who netted from close range.
Cops were also reduced to 10 just before the end of normal time when Woollard received a second yellow after an altercation in midfield after earlier being booked for a late tackle.

Much changed Ransomes return to winning ways
Paul Deacon
17 Dec – 08:01
Share via
Ransomes Sports 3 Claydon 1
Ransomes got back to winning ways with a routine 3-1 home win over bottom of the table Claydon. The miles are running up apace on Ransomes’ creaking squad – the starting XI against Claydon pretty much picked itself, though in this case largely due to the paucity of current alternatives. Given that, Ransomes were hungrier from the off and they reaped the benefits as they served notice of their intention by scoring twice in quick succession in the opening 10 minutes.
The crucial opening goal came when Fabio Oliveira scampered on to a headered flick from Ricky Dunne before calmly firing under the advancing Markham which was quickly followed by a second goal of real quality. The hosts’ slick interplay and rapid progression down the left channel rendered Claydon’s defensive players obsolete and Fabio Oliveirs’s pass provided the opening for Brandon Archer to thump his shot past Markham.
It had been the perfect start for the home side but admittedly, as the half wore on, there were odd moments when Hooley threatened to undo Ransomes but they represented rare exceptions to the general trend.
There was more joy for Ransomes on 36 minutes and it was the combination of Brandon Archer and Fabio Oliveira that delivered a third for the home side. Archer returned the compliment and turned provider as his pass across the face of the goal left Oliveira with a simple finish that he gratefully accepted.
As half time approached, Keiron Double almost cleared the car park with a wild blaze when well placed as the visitors continued to cede possession but the 3-0 interval lead for Ransomes carried the caveat that it came against lowly Claydon.
Three minutes into the second half and Ransomes thought they had added a fourth, but Brandon Archer cruelly had the effort disallowed for an innocuous foul in the build up.
There was little in the way of slick football from either side from this point onwards but Claydon’s pragmatic approach was about to pay dividends. There seemed an air of inevitability that Ransomes would fail to keep a clean sheet and then it happened – the type of moment that encourages the opposition.
Claydon gained their route back into this game, but it was a confusion-filled and slightly comedic attempt of a clearance that presented Bosanquet with a free run at goal that he concluded emphatically. Ransomes will not want to watch a replay any time soon.
There were moments in the final quarter when Ransomes looked nervous and vulnerable but, in the end, there was to be no road to redemption for Claydon after their sloppy start to this game.
This was not a performance that will lure the Ransomes management into thinking that the corner has been turned following a previous three game winless run but, in the merit column, things do not always have to go perfectly to create the win. Ransomes may have been depleted but dropping points against relegation threatened Claydon was not to be part of their portfolio.
Suffolk SIL Division: Tattingstone Utd 0-2 Henley Athletic FC
With the competition of the Old Farm Derby only 52 gathered to see Henley overcome a talented Tattingstone 0-2, a goal early in each half doing the damage.
Henley weathered the expected early pressure from the home side, before asserting themselves in midfield. On 9 minutes Cowan took advantage of some dithering, robbing the ball in the Tattingstone half, before playing it into the stride of Van Oene, who continued his run and picked his spot past Hender for 0-1. Tattingstone were undeterred however and kept trying to find a way through, with some stylish play, but every wave of attack crashed on the rocks of Storey and Bell in the Henley defence. After 15 minutes Henley were forced into a change, Shore catching a ball directly in the eye from close range and being replaced by Bull (After a visit to A&E Shore is home with medication, but will sadly miss a few weeks, we all wish him a speedy recovery)
On 22 minutes Henley were denied a clear penalty, Tejano felled as he raced through on goal, to compound Henley’s frustration, in addition to refusing the award, Mr Bradshaw also saw fit to sin bin George Ablitt for his protests. But, Henley reorganised, and comfortably held Tattingstone at bay during a lengthy 10 minutes with 10 men, the score remaining 0-1 at HT.
A very sharp start for Henley after the break with Cole making it 0-2 after 51 minutes, and what a goal it was!. George Ablitt picking out his run with a terrific diagonal ball, Cole outpaced his marker down the right and simply smashed the ball home with a bullet of a finish. Henley continued to press but Tattingstone were well in the game, playing some good passing football they created chances too. None more so than in the 73rdminute, Spurling making a point blank save at his near post, then from the subsequent corner, somehow managing to block a rocket of a shot from only 2 yards out, a breathtaking save that saw him take the Ultra’s MOTM vote post match.
In truth, Henley should have extended their lead in the last 15 minutes, Bruce, George Ablitt, Watling and Deb all either taking too long to get their shots away or firing straight at Hender. But against a very good, committed and well organised Tattingstone, we were happy with a 0-2 victory and all 3 points, when the whistle blew on a 55 minute 2nd half.
Although the Ultra’s MOTM deservedly went to Spurling, he was run close in the voting by a dynamic display from Cowan and an outstanding performance from our defensive partnership of Storey and Bell.