All four Cup Quarter-Finals took place on Saturday afternoon.
Holders Henley survived a late fight-back from Haughley to go through to a Semi-Final tie at Debenham. James Watling and Byron Tejano both scored twice as they raced into a four goal lead. Haughley scored three times late on as the tie ended 4-3.
Debenham progressed after a hard-fought 3-2 win at Somersham with all the goals coming in the opening period.
Tattingstone are also through as they came from behind to beat visitors Stowupland 4-1. Ashley Blow, Jadyn Huggins, Isaac Keinzley and Ollie Seward were the Tatt goalscorers and they will entertain Trimley Red Devils in the next round after they had a 1-0 win over East Bergholt in the other tie.
Back in the Senior Division goals from Jonny Linard and Darren Mills helped Coplestonians win 2-0 at Halesworth and leapfrog them into fourth place. Sporting 87 drew 4-4 with Wickham Market in the other Senior game played.
In Division One AFC Kesgrave improved their promotion chances as the came from behind to beat Saxmundham 3-1. Joe Moore put Sax ahead before Curtis Andrews equalised and then Lamar Bennett-Grant struck twice to take the points.
Second-placed Bacton suffered a 4-1 home defeat by Cockfield while Grundisburgh won 2-0 at Achilles.
Division Two promotion candidates Sporting 87 Reserves and Kesgrave Kestrels played out a 1-1 draw. Matthew Brown scored for Sporting while Luke Yates was on target for Kestrels.
Elsewhere in Division Two Claydon Reserves beat Ipswich Athletic 4-1 and Ipswich Wanderers Development had a 2-1 win at Kirton Athletic.

Morrison Freight Cup Quarter Final: Haughley Utd FC 3-4 Henley Athletic FC
The assembled crowd of 83 were treated to a proper full blooded cup tie, Henley dominating for at least 80 minutes, but forced to hold out against a brave and resolute Haughley comeback in the latter stages, to make it through to the semis.
Once again this week, Henley were compelled to alter their starting line up, with Storey, Shore, Van Oene and Field all unavailable, through injury, suspension and absence.
Both sides were on the attack from the start, Haughley wasting a great opportunity, blazing over the bar, after some good interplay after 10 minutes. But it was Henley who took the lead after 14 minutes, Watling rising highest to head home Ablitt’s corner for 0-1. On 22 minutes it was 0-2, Tejano allowed to stroll through from midfield unchallenged, to fire home from just outside the box. Henley were rampant now, and on 24 minutes it was 0-3, a terrific cross from Cole, netted at the back post by Watling. Only a fine save denied Watling a first half hat trick, whilst at the other end, Haughley kept creating chances, but couldn’t find a finish, leaving it 0-3 at the break.
Haughley pressed from the off, forcing Spurling into a fine save after 50 minutes. But on 58 minutes Henley extended their lead to 0-4, a Tejano bullet header from a Bruce corner, leaving the home keeper helpless. With a full fixture calendar forthcoming the Henley managers rang the changes, substitutes Hammond and Hillyard coming on to get some minutes in their legs after returning from long term injuries, Deb also entering the midfield. A promising club debut too, for young defender Joseph Collins, recently signed from East Bergholt.
Too their credit, as in our other two fixtures this season, Haughley never dropped their heads for a minute and were rewarded with a well hit goal from the edge of the area from Skinner to make it 1-4 after 62 minutes. Watling and Hillyard were both denied by some good goalkeeping, but Haughley were creeping back into the game, In the 88th minute, they pulled another back with a fine drive from McPhillips to make it 2-4, with what at the time seemed little more than a consolation. However some sloppy play gifted Haughley a 90th minute 3rd, Breadman heading home to make it 3-4. Leaving Henley to hang on for the win as the home side charged forward in time added on.
Although, we made it unnecessarily complicated for ourselves, Henley dominated this game for large periods, Watling winning the Ultra’s MOTM vote, not only for his goals but for his work rate and commitment. Although Haughley would probably disagree, Cowan ran him close, competing for everything and managing to annoy all and any in black and white, a mention too for Tejano, as controlled and dynamic as ever, and for Bull, who again excelled in his new found role.
I seem to have written this twice before this season, but Haughley’s play, at least against us, belies their lowly position. Always looking to pass the ball and play the right way, with a a top finisher they’d cause any team problems.

Bailey Samain 13 mins
Joe Baldry 41 mins
Reece Golding 3 mins
Tom Stephens-Fouracre 26 mins
Ashley Rankin 45 + 2 mins
REFEREE: Andy Murphy
Debenham defeated the only Junior side left in the competition with all the main action coming in a frantic and entertaining opening period.
There was incident from the off as former Debenham man Joe Baldry picked up a yellow card within 30 seconds of the start. Tom Stephens-Fouracre fired across goal from the resulting free-kick before Dean Martin, in the Somersham goal, denied Reece Golding.
The visitors went ahead in the third minute as Golding was first to react and finish after Stephens-Fouracre’s drive had come back off a post.
Lewis Berry then came close to an equaliser as his 30 yard effort came clipped the crossbar.
The action was end-to-end and Martin had to rush from his line to deny Golding again before Somersham levelled when Bailey Samain scored with a deflected effort following a Brad Austin corner.
Debenham restored their advantage with Stephens-Fouracre finishing from close range after Golding’s mesmerising skills near the by-line.
Back came Somersham Baldry converted another Austin corner at the back post to make it 2-2.
Ashley Rankin then shrugged off a defender to put Debenham ahead again with the last kick of the half.
The second half was a quieter affair as Debenham defended deeper and tried to hit the home side on the break. Golding thought he had added a fourth only to be denied by the offside flag and Jacob Halls’ last-ditch intervention prevented Rankin from doubling his tally.
As Somersham pushed forward Golding went close on the break. The hosts then won a series of corners and throw-ins with Berry failing to find the target with two headed efforts as Debenham move on to a home tie with holders Henley in the last four.

Old firm, Mills and Linard do it again
Halesworth Town 0 Coplestonians FC 2
(Cops are sponsored by Venue 16 and BP Electrical)
Cops secured a rare victory at Dairy Hill as they ran out 2-0 winners and moved above their hosts into 4th place in the Senior League table.
Jonny Linard was first to test the home defence as first his cross and then his shot tested the home keeper; Halesworth responded but Toby Payne’s shot went wide. Darren Mills beat his defender and went on a great run but good work by the Halesworth defence and keeper denied him. Baden Holmes took the resultant corner and Ronnie Wright headed over; however Cops kept up the pressure and another Holmes corner saw Mills head against the post.
The home side then had a good spell and Cops keeper Roan Tucker (sponsored by Scott Clarke Vehicle Services) made a superb double save to deny them taking the lead. Linard pressed the home defence and the keeper saw his attempted clearance blocked by Darren Mills (sponsored by Scoop) who then followed up and opened the scoring for Cops. Linard shot just wide before Halesworth pressed again but their shooting was wayward and the only one on target was easily saved by Tucker. HT 0-1
After the break the Halesworth keeper dashed out well to deny Linard and Payne fired over the bar for the home side as the game became an end to end affair. Linard had a shot blocked before Ross Turner burst forward only to see his cross evade the Cops forwards. Luke Read had a goal bound shot blocked for Cops before Halesworth had an effort strike the side netting. Wright fed Jonny Linard (sponsored by JWL Sport Therapy) but his shot went agonisingly wide: however, the Cops striker was not to be denied as he beat his marker and saw his shot squirm through the keeper’s grasp and roll into the net.
Halesworth threw players forward but could only create one chance from a Pat Summerfield free kick which was tipped over by the brilliant Tucker.
This was almost a complete performance by Cops with the defence outstanding in restricting a fine attacking force to very few opportunities. Whilst the forwards will take the credit for the goals it was Luke Read and Nay Woollard in the middle of the park who take the most credit for their imperious performances. FT 0-2.
MOTM Nay Woollard

Coplestonians Development 2 Grundisburgh Res 3
(Cops are sponsored by AMH Flooring)
Grundisburgh had the better of the opening exchanges dominating the midfield, without creating chances. Cops were dangerous on the break and had three good opportunities to score.
Grundisburgh took the lead after a good move was finished with a powerful shot from the edge of the box. Half time 0-1.
Cops tightened up in the midfield area and began to dominate the game and equalised through Ben Goddard (sponsored by Peter Dawson) who was quick to react to a loose ball following a spell of sustained pressure. The game ebbed and flowed, with Cops taking the lead via a thunderous free kick from Darcy Pleace (sponsored by Westwood Caravan Park) that hit the underside of the bar and crossed the line.
Grundisburgh continued to be dangerous and equalised from a close range shot with Cops missing opportunities to clear. In the dying seconds Cops were attacking and lost possession on the edge of the Grundisburgh box, broke away, forced a corner from which they scored. The final whistle went at the restart.
A little unfortunate but lessons can be taken concerning game management as the squad continues to develop.
Report from Dave Webb