Goals from Clark Bruce and Stephen Cole gave Senior Division leaders Henley a 2-0 home win over Haughley to maintain their lead at the top at five points with two games in hand.
Trimley Red Devils remain in second following their 2-0 win against Leiston St Margarets. Curtis Harvey and Max Poole netted for Trimley while Saints were reduced to 10 men with the sending off of keeper James Clouting for handling outside his area.
Halesworth are up to third with a 2-0 success at Sporting 87. Pat Summerfield and Haydn Ling were their goalscorers.
Aaron Greenwood netted the only goal of the game as East Bergholt won 1-0 at Claydon leaving the home side eight points adrift at the foot of the table.
Wickham Market’s good form continued at Stowupland as they returned home with a 2-0 win. Stowupland had Louis Hart sent off. In the other Senior game played Old Newton lost 2-1 at home to Debenham.
In the Morrison Freight Cup four more teams progressed to the Third Round. Coplestonians went through after beating Ransomes 3-1. Luke Read, Ronaldo Wright and Connor Mackay scored for Cops with Adam Todd replying for Ransomes.
Jayden Huggins and Ash Blow netted for Tattingstone as they won 2-1 at Kesgrave Kestrels. Hat-tricks from Andrew Wood and Brandon Salisbury helped Thurston to a 7-0 win at Ipswich Wanderers Development. Charlie Cook score the other goal as the Bluesocks host Haughley in the next round. AFC Kesgrave also progressed after beating Great Blakenham 4-0.
In Division One at hat-trick from Harley Jordan-Smith helped Bacton to a 3-0 win at Achilles and took them up to second. The hosts has Asad Mahadey sent off.
Somersham are third with games in hand following their 2-0 win over Stanton. Woolverstone won 3-2 at Capel Plough while Grundisburgh also took three points on their travels defeating Cockfield 2-1.
Coplestonians Reserves went top of Division Two on goal difference after beating Stonham Aspal 5-2 at Rattlesden.
Kirton are up to third following a 7-0 win at Bardwell. Charlie McCarthy hit a first half hat-trick and Ricardo Phillips scored twice.
Will Hayden hit a brace for Elmswell in a 4-1 win over Claydon Reserves while Wenhaston beat Ipswich Athletic 5-0.

Clark Bruce 28 mins
Stephen Cole 90 + 2 mins
REFEREE: Gareth Moir

Two moments of quality from Clark Bruce and Stephen Cole proved decisive and maintained Henley’s five point lead at the top against a Haughley outfit who matched the league leaders for most of the game as they belied their lowly league position.
This was club captain Mark Storey’s 500th game for Henley and the centre-back was rewarded with a clean sheet and a presentation after the game.
Bruce had a couple of chances early on as he side-footed over before scuffing another effort after great work from Ross White. Haughley also went close with Alex Simpson glancing a header wide.
Henley could have taken the lead on 15 minutes when Liam Ablitt put Cole through with a defence-splitting pass only for the latter to drive over.
Alex Simpson then tested home keeper Jack Spurling with an angled drive.
Henley took the lead just before the half hour as Bruce curled home a 25 yard free-kick into the bottom corner.
Haughley replied through a great move involving Kurt Warren, MacCauley Bell and Dan Price only for Henley to produce a last-ditch block.
Chances after the break were at a premium though Bruce did get through again with visiting keeper Barry Lynn denying him with his legs before Ablitt curled the loose ball narrowly over.
Byron Tejano was sent to the sin bin but Haughley were unable to take advantage of the hosts being temporarily down to 10 men.
Niall McPhillips tried to push Haughley forward and drove wide after a corner was only partially cleared before Henley substitute James Watling rounded the keeper only for the ball to be cleared.
As the game went into added time Bruce sent over a great cross to Watling but he could only head tamely at Lynn.
Cole then made the game safe when he blasted home a dipping angled volley from outside the penalty area after man of the match Logan Bell had brought the ball out of defence.

(match sponsored by RJ & E Services Ltd)
Coplestonians FC 3 Ransomes Sports 1
This was always going to be an intriguing game with Ransomes claiming to be the underdogs in spite of being ahead of Cops in the League table. The visitors had a team packed full of experienced players and Cops knew they would need to be at their best.
After a cagey opening it was Jonny Linard who had the first effort on goal which saw Charlie Langham parry to safety. Jordan Godbold then broke clear for Cops but saw his shot deflected for a corner. Godbold took the corner and Luke Read met his low cross on the half volley to strike home a top class goal. It was a breathtaking effort and Cops kept up the pressure as Linards shot was turned for a corner by Langham. From the corner Ronaldo Wright (sponsored by Ian Matthews) rose above all the defenders to head home a second for Cops. Cops then had a good spell when they should have put the game to bed but any long term supporter knows that Cops never do anything easy! HT 2-0.
Ransomes made changes at the break and were much more of a threat. Cops sat back to defend their lead and looked to extend this on the break. The inevitable happened on 76m when Cops squandered possession and a superb ball to the impressive Adam Todd saw him finish well to reduce the arrears.
It was then a question of whether Cops could hold out to the inevitable pressure. In the end they did and the introduction of the Club’s leading goal scorer, Connor MacKay (sponsored by Wolfe Powell), saw him secure a 3-1 win. FT 3-1
MOTM Nathan Woollard
Thank you Venue 16 and BP Electrical for sponsoring Coplesonians!
Photo is of Luke Read in Stowmarket Colours, who scored a superb goal for Coplesonioans today in their 3-1 win against Ransomes in the Morrison Freight Cup.
Coplestonians Development 2 Old Newton United Reserves 1
(Cops Development is sponsored by AMH Flooring)
Goalkeeper Oscar Anderson (Sponsored by Tollgate Healthcare) proved to be the difference between the sides with his late penalty save securing the points for Cops.
Using a revised 3-5-2 formation, Cops dominated the first half, creating chances that went begging. However, they took the lead when Sammy Goodchild crossed from the left, isolating the Old Newton defenders for Kyle Steff to back heel the opening goal. The second goal came from the same wing, with Kyle Middleton dispossessing a defender on the byline and crossing for Kyle Steff to repeat the finish. Old Newton threatened on the break and came close on occasion. HT 2-0
The second half started in a similar way, with Cops pressing and chances being missed. Old Newton came more and more into the game and towards the latter stages dominated, scoring with a great long-range strike with 10 minutes remaining. Cops were under pressure but created chances on the break. In the last minute a rash challenge resulted in a penalty for the visitors. A well struck penalty into the bottom corner, which was superbly saved by Oscar Anderson diving to his right to turn the ball round the post.
It was the last action of the game. The team showed great resilience to win, but there are things to work on to continue our progress. FT 2-1

Coplestonians 3 Ransomes Sports 1
Coplestonians successfully negotiated this derby match with Ransomes Sports with a 3-1 victory that conformed to their expectations and saw the home side progress to the third round of the Morrison Freight Cup. Ransomes probably did not expect to be tortured quite as much as they were during an opening 45 minutes that saw Coplestonians post a 2-0 lead at the interval. Ransomes were error prone throughout that period and right from the kick off a home breakthrough seemed merely a matter of time.
Cops nearly took a 7th minute lead when a deflected shot left Charlie Langham wrong footed but, thankfully for Ransomes, it narrowly shaved the opposite post. It was a let off for Ransomes but the feeling took hold with increasing force that it wouldn’t be long before Coplestonians opened their account. Accordingly, it came two minutes later as Cops won a corner on the right. From the delivery, Read put his laces through the ball from 18 yards out, to the left of centre, a shot that fairly zipped into the net. It was a goal that stood out for the purity of the shooting technique.
Ransomes were unable to impose themselves on Coplestonians or even gain a foothold in the game and they looked well off their ususl boisterous selves – Cops were to take full advantage.
It was incumbent on another right wing corner that prized open Ransomes for a second time. Charlie Langham had saved well from Linard but from the resulting flag kick, Wright rose highest, heading home to increase Cops lead. They looked home and hosed with only 29 minutes on the clock. Ransomes had no reply, no cutting edge and Cops were dominant. It was abundantly clear that there was no danger, at this stage of the game, who would be the victors.
Ransomes had not done much in an attacking sense. Their only attempt at atonement during that first period was when Ricky Dunne saw Tucker off his line but his effort from distance failed to seriously threaten the back peddling keeper as Coplestonians remained firmly in control. As the half ended, it had been a tough watch for the Ransomes faithful.
Whatever confidence had been instilled into this Ransomes team at the half time break saw the visitors find another gear, and they almost reduced the deficit on 49 minutes, however, Turner was on hand to clear off the line. Ransomes continued to grow and it was they who created the next opening but, off balance, Adam Todd could only scoop his shot well over the crossbar.
The hammering you might have expected at the break had not materialised as Cops ran in to problems, the tempo ebbing from their play, the ideas too. They conceded a succession of free kicks as they invited Ransomes, more and more, back into the game. When the hosts did occasionally enter some good areas they struggled to find their creativity as Ransomes defended with far more resilience and intelligence.
The visitors continued to push and got their reward on 75 minutes when Adam Todd cut inside from the right to drill his shot through Tucker. It was game on as Ransomes continued to up the pace, offering more intensity for the remainder of the game as they searched out an equaliser that would take this tie to extra time. The game was to hang in the balance right until the end.
With time running out, the strain began to show on Ransomes as the game reached the 8th of 9 added minutes. An error from Keiron Double saw him slice his intended clearance into the path of MacKay and he made no mistake with the opportunity presented to him. Victory was therefore secured for the hosts, and they wont argue about how it came, hard fought or not. Seven days on and these two sides go head-to-head again, but this time in a league