(Cops are sponsored by Venue 16 and BP Electrical)
A great team performance see Cops home to an impressive win today.
Coplestonians 4 Tattingstone United 1
After an impressive start from the visitors it was Cops who took the lead in their first attack when Ronnie Wright’s initial shot was blocked but fell back to him to fire home. Cops were finding a way through the Tattingstone back line and had two excellent chances to extend their lead. However, it was left up to Jonny Linard to notch the second as he struck home a superb free kick leaving the keeper a spectator. Cops back line had to be at their best to keep Tattingstone at bay with Grant Monaghan and Jimmy Fulker making key challenges. Isaac Keizley was dangerous on the left for the visitors but Brad Sayers was at his best to contain the winger. With Tattingstone looking to reduce the arrears it was Cops who extended their lead when Luke Read’s shot deflected to Ronnie Wright who guided the ball home.HT 3-0.
Straight after the break a rejuvenated and reorganised opposition pulled back a goal when Jordan Flewitt ran clear and finished past Roan Tucker. That was the only time Tucker was beaten as the young keeper gave another assured performance between the sticks for Cops. Although the visitor looked more threatening it was Cops who scored the next crucial goal when their keeper failed to gather and the ever alert Ronnie Wright stabbed home to make it 4-1 and secure his hattrick. There followed a number of stoppages, injuries, bookings and a sin bin but no further goals. In a great team performance a couple of outstanding efforts from Baden Holmes and Kirk Ferniz are worthy of mention. A great win for Cops against a very capable side with all the subs contributing to the win; also a good performance by the Officials in a sometimes difficult encounter! FT 4-1
MOTM: Ronaldo Wright (sponsored by Ian Matthews)
Unfortunately our other two sides in action today couldn’t emulate the first team.

(Cops Reserves are sponsored by Greenscape Energy)
Ipswich Wanderers U23 3 Coplestonians Reserves 2
This was a game Cops could have made easy for themselves, going up 1-0 through Charlie King (sponsored by Chris King WIndows). A defensive mistake allowed the home side to equalise but Danny Tatum (sponsored by Wolf Powell) restored the Cops advantage and Cops looked to be in control of the game. Unfortunately another defensive lapse allowed the home side to make it 2-2 at half time.
After the break Cops never really got back to ascendency and Wanderers took the lead in the 70th minute and should perhaps have extended their lead as Dan Driver in the Cops goal denied further goals. Cops had a great chance to grab a point but Ben Manuel’s effort was superbly saved by Alfie Godbold in the home goal.
So, the Reserves have had a setback in the last few games but the spirit is good and they will be determined to bounce back next week!
Cops Development team lost out in the Divisional Cup to higher league Framlingham Town A, 4-1. A more fulsome report will appear when received.

Senior Division leaders Halesworth were inactive on Saturday which gave their nearest challengers the chance to close the gap.
Trimley Red Devils took full advantage as they won 4-2 at Debenham and moved into second. Jordan Clarke scored twice for the visitors with their other goals coming from Curtis Harvey and Ryan Chidlow. Henley could only pick up a point with Clark Bruce and Logan Bell netting their goals in a 2-2 draw at home to improving Sporting 87.
Ransomes made it five wins on the trot with a 3-2 success at home to East Bergholt. Anton Clarke, Matt Oxbrow and Josh Caraccio were on the mark for Ransomes
Ronaldo Wright hit a hat-trick for Coplestonians in their 4-1 win over Tattingstone. Jonny Linard was also in the goals for Cops with Jordan Flewitt scoring for Tatt.
Stowupland had a return to form with a 6-2 win at Wickham Market while Leiston St Margarets leapfrogged Claydon in the table after beating them 3-1 at the Blue Circle.
Sadly for the second time this season Westerfield were unable to raise a side and opponents Old Newton were awarded the game.
In the Suffolk Junior Cup holders AFC Kesgrave had an emphatic 11-0 win over Kessingland. Somersham went even better with a 14-0 success at Bungay Under 23s.
Thurston also had a big win in the competition as they defeated Hundon 7-0 helped by a brace from Brandon Salisbury.
The strength of teams in the SIL Division One continued to be demonstrated as Woolverstone beat Tuddenham 5-1, Achilles defeated Kirkley and Pakefield Under 23s 6-3 and Bacton won 2-1 at Thurlow. However, Saxmundham went down 7-1 at home to Anglian Combination Division Two side Beccles Caxton.
Vash Clarke scored twice to help Stanton into the last 16 with a 3-1 win at Cockfield. Goals from Alex Biondi and Teddy Cooper were enough for Kesgrave Kestrels to also go through in defeating Capel Plough 2-1.
Two goals from Sam Clay helped perpetual Runners-Up Mutford and Wrentham into the next round after defeating Spexhall 5-0. Also in the hat for last 16 are AFC Oulton,who won 6-2 at Southwold. Carlton Colville joined them following a 9-0 win at Waveney A while Clare defeated Lakenheath Casuals in a penalty shoot-out after a 2-2 draw.
In SIL Division Two Elmswell went second following a 5-0 win at Bardwell helped by a Will Hayden hat-trick. Ipswich Wanderers Under 23s beat Coplestonians Reserves 3-2 while Sporting 87 Reserves beat Stonham Aspal 7-2.

Suffolk SIL Division : Henley Athletic FC 2-2 Sporting 87 FC Report by Tony Stone
These two sides have now faced each other 4 times over the last two years, each time only a single goal has divided them, or as today, the game has ended honours even, one ever present constant however has been the presence of the taint of controversy, today yet again proving to be the case. Both teams have a great deal of mutual respect, always battling, albeit without malice, for every ball, as witnessed by today’s crowd of 82 spectators.
After an immaculately observed minute’s silence, Henley dominated possession early on, but it was Sporting who had the better of the early chances, coming close on three occasions in the first ten minutes, Spurling on hand to save the two that were on target. At the other end, visiting keeper Walker had a great first half, twice denying fierce drives from Bruce at his near post and spectacularly tipping over a Van Oene free kick after 30 minutes. Sporting took the lead after 36 minutes, Spurling getting a hand to the initial effort, but Pettit poking home the rebound from what many considered to be an offside position, Mr Coulter consulted with his assistant but allowed the goal to stand. Sporting holding a 0-1 lead over a sluggish and rusty Henley at HT.
Possibly blasted off in the dressing room, Henley came out noticeably rust-free in the second half, pinning Sporting into their own half immediately. In the opening minute, George Ablitt’s shot bewilderingly coming back off the inside of the post to safety, when all present though it was in. But Henley weren’t to be denied for long, a long throw from Hammond causing mayhem in the Sporting box and Bruce crashing home into the top corner for the equaliser, amidst appeals from Sporting for a handball in the preceding scramble. Again Mr Coulter consulted his assistant and the goal stood, 1-1 after 53 minutes.
Within a minute Henley came close yet again, Walker getting fingertips on Liam Ablitt’s curling effort to tip it onto the bar. Controversy reigned again less than 3 minutes later, Sporting thinking they had scored, but the assistant adjudging that Spurling had got enough behind it to stop all of the ball from crossing the line.
On 69 minutes, Sporting did take the lead, a cross headed clear, only to be rifled home into the bottom corner, from the edge of the box by McKeown, a fine finish making it 1-2. But Henley were far from finished and after 83 minutes Bell was on hand to force the ball home from close range to make it 2-2. Liam Ablitt, nicking the top of the bar yet again shortly after. There was still time for more controversy, as in the final minute Liam Ablitt was clearly clipped as he weaved into the box, but it can only be assumed the officials can only have been unsighted, as Henley’s vociferous appeals were waved away, the game finishing 2-2.
In all fairness a draw was the right result, both sides worthy of their point, Sporting, their defence expertly marshalled, as always, by the impressive Steed, getting bodies behind the ball throughout were hard to break down, it’s easy to see how they’ve had so many draws this season. But they looked good going forward too, breaking quickly at every opportunity. Henley had a poor 1st half by their high standards, last week’s postponement seemingly interrupting their rhythm, but they were much better in the second half and on another day, with different decisions, could’ve nicked a win as they did last year in the same fixture. It’s safe to say that both sides will be looking forward to the video highlights!
The Ultra’s MOTM vote went to Gavin Van Oene, who was at the heart of everything good Henley did on the day. Also great to see stalwarts Shore and Cowan come off the bench to get some minutes as they return from injury, the former having been out of action for two months.

Cops lose out at Framlingham in the Divisional Cup
Framlingham Town A 4 Coplestonians Development 1
(Cops Development are sponsored by AMH Flooring)
Having had two weeks off if showed yesterday afternoon. Early exchanges were even, both sides creating chances and looking unsteady defensively. Framlingham took the lead with a tap in following some hesitation in the Cops defence. Half time 1-0.
Framlingham scored early in the half hitting the bar and tapping in the rebound. They scored a third following Cops not clearing after having opportunities to do so. Cops rallied and from a short corner Hayden Brown drove the ball in, which the goalkeeper parried and Will Pullen scored from the loose ball. Following a flowing move involving Hayden Brown and Ethan Ambler, Darryl Fry crossed for Will Pullen to head home. It was ruled out for offside. A turning point in the game. Cops continued to press and were caught on the break and Framlingham ran out worthy winners. Cops played well in patches, but were ill disciplined at times, which needs to improve.Full Time 4-1.
Next Saturday the side are in Cup action again, this time in the Suffolk Primary Cup when they host Bramford United.